Our vision is simple. At Barclay Primary we want children to be happy and successful. We strive to develop confident young people who want to learn and achieve their best - but also to have an understanding of others and the world around them.
- To provide a kind, safe and stimulating environment in which to educate each child so he/she can reach their full potential
- To create a happy, healthy school in which everyone feels valued
- To ensure all teaching is targeted to the individual needs of each pupil so they are able to make rapid and sustained progress across the curriculum
- To have high aspirations and expectations for all children in behaviour and achievement
- To encourage children to be self-motivated, positive learners with enquiring minds so they can apply themselves to tasks with increased self-discipline, and have responsibility for their actions and learning
- To provide an inclusive, diverse curriculum, which is balanced and differentiated to each child’s needs and ability.
- To use technology to support and engage pupils throughout the curriculum
- To make sure all pupils develop a strong sense of self; through digital citizenship and e safety lessons
- To have an ethos in which all children co-operate with each other, to show respect and tolerance towards others.
- To involve parents and carers in their children’s education
- We achieve all this under the banner of the Barclay Five Ways - Aspiration, Responsibility, Respect, Honesty and Kindness